Call For Artists: Post-It Show!
For years, our good friends at LemonDrop hosted a one-of-a-kind annual art show called the Post-It Show. The concept is fantastic: artists create works of art on 3×3 post-its so the artwork is affordable and accessible! Patrons can build a miniature art collection in one night with a small budget!
Unfortunately, LemonDrop does not currently exist. We are temporarily hosting the Post-It Show until LemonDrop re-emerges. It is one of our favorite things in the art world in Springfield and we want it to continue! Last year, we hosted it at Arts & Letters in our smaller “Salon Wall” area of the gallery, because we had such a tremendous response, we have decided to dedicate the full Gallery Wall to the Post-it Show this year!
For February First Friday Art Walk, we will host the Post-It Show! Similar rules apply from past LD-Sponsored Post-It Shows:
1. Each artist must submit at least 10 post-its.
2. Work may only be created utilizing 3×3″ post-its (in the past, we limited it to yellow post-its, but if a different color of 3×3 post-it calls to you, go for it).
3. Post-its are $5 a piece, so if a work of art incorporates more than one post-it (maximum of 5 combined post-its per piece), it costs $5 x the number of post-its the work is composed of.
4. Work must be submitted by Monday, February 1.
5. All sales of post-it art are split 50/50 between the gallery and the artist ($2.50 to artist, $2.50 to gallery per post-it).
We are so excited about this show!